Alles was sonst keinen Bereich hat.
Antworten
oweno
Gärtnermeister
Gärtnermeister

GPC Mission Statement

Beitrag von oweno »

MISSION STATEMENT:[LEFT]The Great Pumpkin Commonwealth's (GPC) mission cultivates
the hobby of growing giant pumpkins throughout the world by establishing standards and
regulations that ensure quality of fruit, fairness of competition, recognition of
achievement, fellowship and education for all participating growers and weigh-off sites.

1- Cultivate the hobby of growing Giant Pumpkins throughout the world
2- Establishing standards and regulations that ensure quality of fruit
3- Fairness of competition
4- Recognition of achievement
5- Fellowship
6- Education for all participating growers and weigh-off sites

Not one word in their mission statement about the other 7 categories they also recognize. So why do they?

Also, a "giant pumpkin" is a squash, cucurbita maxima, atlantic giant is a squash. It does not matter what color it is. The GPC has decided on its own to break it down to 2 categories by color, this is not the scientific view of what a cucurbita maxima is.

If you want other plants, fruits or vegetables to be recognized by the GPC then good luck. Follow the money.

Happy Thanksgiving.
[/LEFT]

oweno
Gärtnermeister
Gärtnermeister

Beitrag von oweno »

How does a fruit or vegetable make it into the GPC as a fruit or vegetable they recogize?

In 2016 Bushel Gourds are recognize, 2019 Marrows. Why these 2 fruits/vegetables after over 10 years of GPC without them?

Was there a vote from growers in our community that voted they should be recognized?

Let me make it easy for you, no.

Growers didn't vote for this the GPC Committee members did, all by them selves. And when I say all by them selves, there was of course influence from outside the GPC Committee members.

How does one get a new fruit or vegetable recognized by the GPC?

Who approves this recommendation?

oweno
Gärtnermeister
Gärtnermeister

Beitrag von oweno »

I will continue to be ignored.

The easiest way to be seen as a GPC fan is to just say all they do is right.

Well it's not. I am not asking for much, just for the GPC to be open about how decisions are made.

Three questions:

!- How was the decision made to include marrow gourds?
2- Same for Bushel Gourds
3- How does one submit a new fruit or vegetable for recognition?

If you go to a GPC recognized weighoff you are a GPC member. That is in their rules.

As a GPC member I want my questions answered.

Where are our European Representatives?

I am more then willing to meet you in person. But not at the show GPC weighoff at LB.

Come to Kaiserslautern and check that weighoff out, we have at least 5 members that check all fruits and vegetables, we follow the rules very strong.

damario
Beitrag von damario »

Gerne beantworte ich die bereits erwarteten Fragen, obwohl ich die Winterdepression erst später erwartet habe.

!- How was the decision made to include marrow gourds?
!- Wie fällt die Entscheidung über das Hinzufügen von Marrows?

Die Entscheidung ist eine Abstimmung von allen wahlberechtigten in der GPC

2- Same for Bushel Gourds
2- Das Gleiche für Bushel Gourds

Das Gleiche wie für Marrows

3- How does one submit a new fruit or vegetable for recognition?
3- Wie findet eine neue Frucht Anerkennung?

Das Lesen von Trends und Verlangen führt zur Entscheidung.

Ich hoffe damit gedient zu haben.

Falls du persönlichen Kontakt möchtest, lade ich dich gerne nach Wien zum CG Treffen ein.

Mario

damario
Bild Bild
oweno
Gärtnermeister
Gärtnermeister

Beitrag von oweno »

Danke Mario.

As you know I am a GPC Member, just like many, I guess over 1000 growers not sure. I think it is time that the Committee Members ask the growers in their region how they feel about a proposed decision, like a new fruit or vegetable before a final decision has been made.

How many voting members are there in the GPC? Do they ask their region how they feel before they vote?

I also feel that if a grower has a suggestion and would like to propose a new fruit or vegetable be considered that there should be a written process for this, 1000's of growers would really appreciate that. I am not saying that every suggestion should be approved!

My questions have nothing to do with winter depression, it is because we have at least one grower here at CG that is very passionate about other fruits and vegetables and is not being advised how he can submit them as recommendations to the GPC. He is only being beat up for trying his best to show the GPC that there are other fruits and vegetables.

Rather then being educated as the GPC Mission Statement calls for he is being treated bad.

Again, I am not saying everything should be approved! However, there should be a formal process.

Thank you for the invitation to Wien.

owen

oweno
Gärtnermeister
Gärtnermeister

Beitrag von oweno »

Hallo Mario,

I guess you are busy, understand, just don't want you to forget that there are GPC Members that want to know the answer to our question.

[LEFT]How many voting members are there in the GPC? Do they ask their region how they feel before they vote?

I think that the CG website is a excellent opportunity to address this.

Google translator -

[LEFT]
Ich nehme an, Sie sind beschäftigt, verstehen Sie, wollen nur nicht, dass Sie vergessen, dass es GPC-Mitglieder gibt, die die Antwort auf unsere Frage wissen möchten.

Wie viele stimmberechtigte Mitglieder hat die GPC? Fragen sie ihre Region, wie sie sich fühlen, bevor sie wählen?

Ich denke, dass die CG-Website eine ausgezeichnete Gelegenheit ist, dies anzusprechen.
[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Michael
Grüner Daumen
Grüner Daumen
Danksagung erhalten: 17 Mal

Beitrag von Michael »

Hi Owen

In GPC its maybe the same like in modern "democratic" politics.

Not the politicians should make decisions that affect the folks,
it should be the farmers/workers that should be asked if this or that
should be done for the economy and society.

And i also think the growers that are member of The CPC should be asked
if a new category should be added to CPC.

regards
Michael

Persönlicher Rekord: 358 kg = 789,2 lbs 2010 (901 Hunt x 579 Rupf)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Big-Pumpkins Allgemein“